Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spring Cleaning #28

After a 3 month hiatus from blogging, it is sooo disappointing that no one was concerned enough to send regrets of my absence. But, oh well, I'll just have to suffer through the loneliness.

However, the reason for this post is to document the fact that compliance with the order to clean up my files is being carried out. That is, assignment #28 has been completed.

In summary, I see greater advantage to the Calendar/"To Do list" method that I have been using for years than in the Google Calendar, Ta-Da List, etc. methods.

Granted, my bias is based on habit, but using the "Journal size, one-page-per-day Day-Timer" and Post-It-Notes, I have managed to maintain "real time" control of my activities.

In order to accomplish what I believe to be good time management, I have long used several of the methods cited in the blog. E.g. handle items once: either act on them, file them or discard them; & if something can be done in a few minutes, "do it now" have been my modus operandi.

I don't need a computer or cell phone to access the system, it works during power failures and it's easy to view day, week, month, etc. on a moment's notice. Much like print library materials, my "book" method is quite portable and convenient.

I could change to an "on-line, interactive" system if I were required to, but I think the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" may well apply.

As post #29, 30, etc. arrive I'll set about cleaning my electronic & print files.

At this point, therefore, I bid all you blog-land travelers adieu, good day, ttfn . . .

No comments: